The Hero and the Maid is a Quest in Kingdoms of Amalur:Re-Reckoning. The Hero and the Maid is a Faction Quest available to the player. Completing The Hero and the Maid will give additional loot, items, experience or equipment, but it is not necessary to complete the game's main story.
The Maid assures me that King Wencen and the rest of his Court are alive. I must find them. She mentioned something that makes me worried that the others may suffer from the same enchantments as Sir Airmer and Sir Creth.
The Hero and the Maid
The Hero and the Maid Objectives
- Rescue the Court of Enchantment and defeat the Maid of Windemere
The Hero and the Maid Walkthrough
- Continuing on from Cursed Kingdom, as you enter Castle Windemere, you are greeted by the Maid of Windemere once more. After a brief conversation, listen to the Windemere Lorestone in front of you. You must now save the Court of Enchantments from the Maid.
- Proceed and you will encounter Sir Farrara. You can either fight him or dispel his enchantment. He fights with a few Sprites which are vulnerable to fire.
- In the next room, watch out for the Plant Snappers and Boggart Plaguebearers that can hit you with Sewer Rot. The path splits from here. Take the right path.
- Keep moving forward until you reach the library area where you will find Queen Belmaid and Lady Oleyn for another fight. Again, you can kill them or dispel their enchantments. If you choose to fight them, they will be accompanied by Leanashes which are also vulnerable to fire.
- Return to the central area and take the left path. In the next room, take the southern path to reach King Wencen. Speak with him and lead him back to the central area. He will dispel the magical barrier and grant you the King's Token before departing.
- Approach the door and speak to the Maid of Windemere one last time before the final confrontation.
- The Maid of Windemere commands a large number of creatures to fight you. These include Sprites, Sprite Champions, a Leanashe and a Bog Thresh. Focusing on the mobs will cause the Maid to bombard you with a powerful homing spell while focusing her down will cause her to summon more and more sprites to divert your attention. The Maid and her creatures are vulnerable to Fire. The maid herself will run around wincing in pain while set on fire. Reckoning mode can be particularly valuable in this fight due to the large number of enemies, preventing a long drawn-out fight.
- Upon the Maid's defeat, you are given a choice of killing her and becoming the King/Queen of the House of Ballads and gaining the respect of the Fae or Ruling the House together as lovers, but driving a wedge in your relationship with the Fae. Make your choice to complete the quest.
The Hero and the Maid Rewards
The Hero and the Maid Notes & Tips
- Notes & tips go here