A Tangled Web is a Quest in Kingdoms of Amalur:Re-Reckoning. A Tangled Web is a Side Quest available to the player. Completing A Tangled Web will give additional loot, items, experience or equipment, but it is not necessary to complete the game's main story.
I have come across a village in Dalentarth called Canneroc, which was under attack by spiders. After the spiders were defeated, the town's leader, Garaner Vernt, asked me to find their militia captain. His name is Barten, and he went into Webwood to end Canneroc's constant spider attacks. I must meet with Garaner south of the town to learn more.
A Tangled Web Important NPCs
A Tangled Web Objectives
- Assist the town of Canneroc.
A Tangled Web Walkthrough
- Entering Canneroc for the first time, the town will be under attack by a group of Spiders.
- Defeat the spiders and you will be approached by Garaner Vernt who tells you about the town's predicament and asks you to meet him in private near the south bridge.
- Speak to Garaner again and he will ask you to kill Barten.
- Head southeast from Canneroc to the Shade River Caves.
- Defeat the enemies until you come across Barten.
- You will have the choice of telling him of Garaner's betrayal or killing him.
- Whoever you choose to side with, speak to the other person to complete the quest.
A Tangled Web Rewards
- Key to Gossamer End
- Bonus 700 gold (if choosing to kill Barten)
- Extra loot (if choosing to betray Garaner and looting his body afterwards)
A Tangled Web Notes & Tips
- Depending on who you side with in this quest, you will receive the next quest and task from either Barten or Garaner Vernt.
- If choosing to betray Garaner, his corpse can be found outside town to the northwest.