The Broken Crown is a Quest in Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. The Broken Crown is the Sixth Main Quest available to the player in the Fatesworn DLC. Completing The Broken Crown will progress the story forward.
By upgrading the Alchemy Lab in Skald's forge, I've gained the ability to brew Chaos Potions. I've also proven my strength to Skald by defeating her Chaos pets.
The Broken Crown Quest Giver
The Broken Crown Objectives
- Talk to Wynn Ashman
- Enter the Great Library
- Open the Forbidden Stacks
- Obtain the Tome of Synthesis
- Return to Skald
- Brew a Chaos Potion
The Broken Crown Walkthrough
- This quest begins by speaking to Skald Atlas directly after Sins of the Father.
- Travel to Crownhold and speak to Wynn Ashman near the northwestern end of town.
- You will need to sneak into the Forbidden Stacks vault and steal the Tome of Synthesis. The vault is located in the Great Library, which is just right next to Wynn. Enter the library and head west towards a locked gate.
- The gate can only be opened with the appropriate key. To obtain it, you can either pickpocket one of the guards or fight them.
- Once inside the vault, you will see another set of 4 stone block mechanisms similar to the one at the Cinderpit. To find the combination, you can head down the stairs to the north to a prison of sorts. Kill the Preordained and pick the lock of the gates on the right. Inside the cell is a corpse with a note that reveals how to unlock the block mechanisms.
- Head back into the main chamber and inspect the bookshelves nearby. Each set of bookshelf has a pedestal with a glowing icon corresponding to each block mechanism. The number you need is the number of green books with a yellow triangle marker on them. The proper combination is as follows:
- Water Stone (Northeast) - Activate twice
- Air Stone (Northwest) - Activate four times
- Earth Stone (Southwest) - Activate four times
- Fire Stone (Southeeast) - Activate once
- If entered correctly, the cage surrounding the tome will unlock. You will not be able to exit the same way you came in and will need to fight your way through the prison area to find an alternate route.
- Several Preordained will have spawned in the prison area. Defeat them and loot all the bodies for keys. Take the route next to the cell you unlocked earlier to get to the sewers. Defeat the monster rats and then follow the linear path. There will be some Fae Gorta enemies here but nothing you've never faced before. Once you reach a fork in the path, head north and then take the first right to find a ladder leading out to the upper Crownhold Prisons.
- Head north from the ladder and turn left. You can avoid the guards or kill them all. Continue along until you can head north again. Open the gate and head back out into Crownhold proper.
- Fast travel back to the Cinderpit and hand the tome over to Skald to unlock the ability to craft Chaos Potions at the Alchemical Lab. Skald will give you some Chaos Essence and other ingredients in order to craft your first potion.
- Head into Skald's forge and use the Lab to craft any Chaos potion to complete the quest.
- Greater Chaos Touch Potion increases 10% chaos damage of all your weapons. Greater Chaos Refuge Potion increases 20% Melee/Ranged/Magic Block efficacy.
The Broken Crown Rewards
Completing The Broken Crown rewards the following:
The Broken Crown Notes & Tips