Sins of the Father is a Quest in Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Sins of the Father is the Fifth Main Quest available to the player in the Fatesworn DLC. Completing Sins of the Father will progress the story forward.
Sins of the Father Quest Giver
Sins of the Father Objectives
- Speak to Skald Atlas
- Follow Skald into her forge
- Use the Chaos Flame
- Defeat the Chaos Beasts
- Recruit Callan Mcleod
- Search the workshop
- Speak to Tormin
- Travel to Crow's Peak
- Find the Chaos Portal
- Enter the Chaos Portal
- Defeat the Preordained
- Return to Skald
- Upgrade Sagecraft Altars
Sins of the Father Walkthrough
- This quest begins automatically when you speak with Skald at the end of the Smuggler's Run Quest.
- Learn what you can and then follow Skald into her forge.
- Inside, follow Skald's instructions and use the Chaos Flame on the Forge. This unlocks the salvaging and crafting of Chaos Weapons, which are unique weapons required to defeat Telogrus and his Chaos minions.
- After the introduction, Skald will reforge your Broken Chaos Sword for you. You can choose between another Sword, Daggers or a Staff.
- Immediately after, enemies will invade the forge and you are forced to defend the area.
- Outside the forge, a couple Niskaru will have spawned and a battle will ensue. Remember to equip your Chaos Weapon.
- Once the enemies are dealt with, Skald will brief you on the next step to defeating Telogrus. You will need to recruit the sage Calan Mcleod. Skald also tells you about the Chaos Matter which can be collected from Chaos Nodes in the Chaos Realm. These can be brought to Skald in order to acquire Chaos Weapon Cores for crafting new weapons. You can take on Chaos Realm activities if you wish to acquire Chaos Matter.
- You will need to make your way to the town of Crownhold all the way in the east to locate Calan. Follow the marker to Calan's workshop. You will be stopped by his apprentice Mina Sagard as it seems Calan had been murdered.
- After a brief conversation, follow her into the workshop. Several markers will pop up for you to inspect. What you want is the note on the table.
- Mina will speak to you again regarding the notes. Unfortunately, she cannot read the old script it is written in but will direct you to someone who can. Head back outside and travel to Gale's Crossing.
- Find Sagard's Fine Crystals workshop near the center of town and head for the basement to find Tormin Sagard. Have him translate the notes and he will direct you to a relic found in a Chaos Portal at Crow's Peak.
- When you reach the Portal, it will be inaccessible. Take the road that leads to an area underneath the Portal and you will find a Chaos Rift guarded by a couple of Niskaru. Defeat them, seal the rift and head back to the Portal.
- As the Chaos Realm is procedurally generated, its layout will be different between players. Simply follow the marker and make your way to the Chaos node while defeating enemies.
- After destroying the Node, you will be transported back outside and awarded the Cynoc's Eye quest item, as well as the Chaos Thrall II Twist of Fate.
- Shortly after, Lotos will appear with his goons to attack you. Lotos is a mini-boss that fights with Faeblades. The fight is nothing special. Simply thin out his goons and then focus down Lotos. Lotos himself is easy to stun with a well-timed parry.
- After defeating the Preordained, you will have a brief conversation with Mina and then you must head back to Skald.
- Speak to Skald and then enter her forge to upgrade the Sagecraft Altars with Cynoc's Eye. This unlocks the ability to craft and socket Chaos Gems.
- Return to Skald and she will task you with testing out her Chaos beasts.
- Defeat the four Chaos Boggarts that spawn near the forge's entrance to complete the quest.
Sins of the Father Rewards
Completing Sins of the Father rewards the following:
- 37, 300 Gold
Sins of the Father Notes & Tips