The mouthpiece of Rathir's ruling council, Elund Carth, needs to give his approval before any ships and troops can depart for Mel Senshir. Tilera has asked me to find Elund Carth and reason with him.
Breaking the Siege Important NPCS
Breaking the Siege Objectives
- Meet with Elund Carth in Rathir.
- Sail to Mel Senshir.
- Speak to Commander Owaiglyn.
- Make your way through the ramparts.
- Kill Witch Knight Malwyn.
- Pursue the Balor.
- Defeat the Balor.
- Talk to Commander Owaiglyn.
Breaking the Siege Walkthrough
- At Rathir, make your way up to the Upper City to speak with Elund Carth and convince him to send troops to Mel Senshir with you. Passing the Persuasion check will reward you with the unique Elund's Ring. Once ready, head down to the docks and speak with Commander Owaiglyn to set sail for Mel Senshir.
- Upon arrival, speak with to Owaiglyn. He will brief you on the situation and his plans to take the city back from the Tuatha. He will give you some time to prepare and check out the city. When ready, find him at the gates to begin the battle.
- After the cutscene, speak to General Tileria and proceed towards the quest marker, facing off against some Tuatha Soldiers. You will reach a room with two Tuatha Priests and a few chests in the corners.
- Proceed northeast and watch out for the traps. You will pass by a swinging axe trap and then a spinning blade trap atop the stairs. The next room will have blades popping out of the ground.
- At the balcony, the Tuatha will prop up two siege ladders and swarm the area. Alyn Shir will be here to help you fight them off and break the siege ladders.
- When you get to a fork, pick either path. They both lead to the same area. Try to save your imprisoned comrades along the way as they will assist you for a time.
- At the next balcony, fend off the Tuatha with the allied soldiers and break more siege ladders. There is a Blacksmithing Forge in the next room, as well as five chests. Loot everything and prepare for the upcoming boss battle. When ready, head out onto the ramparts.
- Take out the few Tuatha Priests and Soldiers along the way. You will see Tileria facing off against Witch Knight Malwyn. Approach and Malwyn will summon the Balor, beginning the boss battle. Malwyn is a Fighter-Mage and is quick and relentless. Your attacks will not make him flinch or interrupt his attacks but he is susceptible to stuns and paralysis so utilize abilities like Storm Bolt, Quake and Ice Barrage for some breathing room if you have them. Malwyn will periodically teleport to a tower in the distance and signal the Balor to blast you with an eye beam. This will deal a massive amount of damage so make a beeline towards General Tileria who will shield you both from the attack. Continue to whittle away at Malwyn's health and watch out for his Tuatha helpers.
- After the battle, loot Malwyn and enter the Battlements. You will run into Agarth who will send you off to fight the Balor. With his help, defeat the soldiers and priests in the next room and continue heading north to fight three more soldiers. Loot the chest and head up onto the balcony to kill some archers.
- In the next room are two more Tuatha and a Prismere Troll. Clear the room and loot the chest.
- Past the gate is Captain Mys, with whom you can pass a Persuasion check for him to join you. In the next area, dodge the Balor's eye beams and grab the chest then dash towards the next area.
- Defeat the Tuatha Zealots and face off with the Tuatha Priest who will summon a Niskaru Tyrant. Take out the Priest first and carefully use stuns to quickly defeat the Tyrant. Head out onto the platform to begin the next boss battle.
- You will be fighting the Balor on a large, open platform. He cannot move around but watch out for the quick claw swipe from left to right and dodge to the very back of the platform. It's best to have a ranged weapon for this fight in order to continually deal damage to the Balor. When you see his eye glow, run towards the front of the platform and get under his eye beam, he can't aim the beam too close to himself. Periodically, the Balor will slam one or both of his claws and they'll be stuck in the ground and susceptible to melee. Deal enough damage and his face will fall to the ground so you can continue the onslaught. Once his health drops to 0, you will be able to perform a series of execution moves that pin his claws to the ground. Follow the onscreen prompts to execute him. If you miss, the Balor will heal a bit of health and you will need to whittle him down again.
- When the battle is over, you'll be back in Mel Senshir. Speak to Commander Owaiglyn to finish the quest and claim your reward of a Twist of Fate - Siegebreaker and a random weapon, armor or item. The quest Silence Falls will now begin.
Breaking the Siege Rewards
Breaking the Siege Notable Loot
Note: As most loot in Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is randomly generated, this section will only list notable scripted loot:
- Elund's Ring (Persuasion check with Elund Carth)
Breaking the Siege Notes & Tips
- Defeating the Balor and completing the quest awards the Hero of Mel Senshir Trophy / Achievement.