The gnome elder Templar Octienne has information about the location of Fomorous Hugues, the gnome responsible for the Well of Souls. Octienne wants to meet me at his camp in the Hollowlands of Detyre
An Old Friend Important NPCs
An Old Friend Objectives
An Old Friend Walkthrough
- Agarth has found a lead on our old friend Fomorous Hugues. You are to meet his superior Octienne in The Hollowlands of Detyre.
- From Ysa, head directly south through The Sidhe and cut through Alserund towards the west to reach The Hollowlands.
- Octienne will be further west, high up at the Overlook Camp. Speak with him to learn of Fomorous Hugues' last known location, the Saltwell Caverns. Travel southeast to your destination.
- Inside, you will find the place is riddled with traps and large battles with mostly melee enemies (Fae Gorta and Sons of Laz). Take note of the many gnome corpses strewn about as they will often have keys required to progress in the dungeon or unlock supply crates. The dungeon is pretty straightforward otherwise.
- Eventually, you will make it to Hugues who will begin a conversation with you automatically. The conversation begins to unravel many mysteries including Octienne's hidden agenda.
- Your reunion is cut short by a gang of White Palm Assassins sent to kill Hugues and you are thrown into combat. Upon their defeat, Hugues tells you about Ventrinio and asks you to seek out Templar Jorielle in Adessa.
- This ends the quest and begins the Enemies in High Places main quest.
An Old Friend Rewards
- Experience Points.
An Old Friend Notable Loot
Note: As most loot in Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is randomly generated, this section will only list notable scripted loot:
An Old Friend Notes & Tips
- Notes & tips go here