Weapons in Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is a type of equipment that is used to inflict damage against hostile characters such as Enemies and Bosses. Weapons are categorized into different types that cater to a player's playstyle, each weapon equipped possesses its own stats, grants bonuses, and effects. There are a total of nine different weapon types. This page covers a list of all the weapons in the game.
Any weapon or equipment in the game has a different rarity. Rarity affects an item stats so that easier to find items are weaker and grant fewer benefits to the player than the rarer ones. There are also generic weapons for each type.
- Common: These are the easiest items to find, and have the lowest stats.
- Infrequent: Higher level items than Common, but lower than Rare. Infrequent type equipment is the most used during the game.
- Rare: Higher level items than Infrequent but lower than Unique.
- Unique: The highest quality among all items. In Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Unique items scale its stats and requirements with the player's level, upon finding this kind of item. Regardless, the type of stat bonus granted will always be the same, only changing the numbered values.
- Set Items: These items grant bonuses to the player the more pieces of the same set are equipped at the same time.
In Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning there are various ways to acquire weapons:
- The common way is to purchase it from Merchants or craft them with the help of a Blacksmith.
- Additionally, you can obtain weapons as an item drop from defeated enemies, bosses, or obtained as rewards from completing quests.
Each weapon in the game works differently, but they all share a mutual aspect, which is Durability.
- The durability can be identified as the health of the weapon. As you frequently use a weapon in battle, its durability decreases and once it reaches zero, it will break. This can be avoided by repairing it before it reaches its limit.
Weapon Categories in Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-reckoning
Intended for Fighter-style characters
Hammers are the slowest melee weapons in the game, but compensate this by being the most damaging melee weapon type in the game
Intended for Mage-style characters
Sceptres are long range weapons that can deal elemantal damage over time. They are the only weapon type that uses mana in order to attack.
Intended for Rogue-style characters
Daggers are the fastest weapon in the whole game. They have the lowest damage output per hit of all melee weapons but compensate this drawback with versatility, attack speed and a vast range of abilities available.