Witch Knight Malwyn is a boss in Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-reckoning. Bosses are unique enemies that provide great challenges to your skills.
- Malwyn is a competent and relentless fighter that favors fast 2-hit and 3-hit combos.
- He is immune to staggers and cannot be interrupted, but is vulnerable to stuns and paralysis.
- At a distance, he will dash toward you with a comet strike sword attack that is difficult to parry and dodge. He also has the tornado spell at his disposal should you choose to keep your distance.
- Periodically, Malwyn will blow on his horn and teleport to a tower in the distance while commanding the Balor to blast you with his eye beam. This attack will deal a large amount of damage and is nearly impossible to dodge. When you hear the horn, run behind Tileria who will put up a shield using the Piercing Light.
- A useful strategy is to use Reckoning Mode immediately as the fight begins, taking out the two Tuatha Archers and then focusing Malwyn down. Doing this can prevent him from using the horn and teleporting, rendering the Balor a non-factor in this fight.
Notes & Tips