Lockpicking is a Skill in Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Skills in KoA: Re-Reckoning are non-combat talents that allow you to improve your capability to craft, to discover different ways to play and interact with the environment, and to make it easier to go through some situations, which can aid you in your playthrough. Lockpicking decreases the difficulty in picking open a lock.
- Lockpicking decreases the difficulty in picking open a lock
- Lockpicking let you gain experience.
- Lockpicking is about patience, as opposed to the reflex intensive Dispelling mini-game.
- You must have a Lockpick to attempt lock-picking, or you are out of luck.
- To crack the lock, you move the lock slider from left to right. If the pick starts to vibrate (or the slider starts to slow down), ease off and adjust the pick's angle before trying again.
- A broken pick will cost you money (to replace it), but successful pick attempts will not cost you .
- Early on, you may need a few lockpicks to help you take contents of a chest until you increase your character's proficiency.
How to Acquire Lockpicking:
Mastering Lockpicking requires a total of 10 Skill Points. You can acquire and improve Lockpicking by different ways:
- Race Bonuses: There are only one races which gives you a Lockpicking bonus just by choosing it in Character Creation:
- Varani race has a +2 Lockpicking bonus
- Leveling Up:
- By level 40, you'll have earned 40 skill points from leveling.
- Skill Books:
- These are special books found in Amalur or given as rewards for quests that allow you to increase a specific skill.
- These are named as "Skill Book (Skill Name)"
- Once you have the Skill Book (Lockpicking), open your inventory and read it to receive a permanent +1 increase to Lockpicking
- Skill Book (Lockpicking) boost cannot be reset by Fateweavers
- Although you can find more than one Skill Book (Lockpicking), you can benefit from at most one skill book
- Lockpicking Trainers:
Each of these trainers has a range of level requirements in which a character's skill level has to fall, in order to be eligible for training. If you are too skilled (or not skilled enough), you cannot learn from Trainers
|Basic||0 to 3|
|Basic||0 to 3|
|Advanced||4 to 6|
|Master||7 to 9|
Lockpicking Skill Points Improvements:
|1||Decreases the difficulty when lockpicking.||N/A|
|2||Decreases the difficulty when lockpicking.|
|3||Decreases the difficulty when lockpicking.|
|4||Milestone: You can always successfully force very easy locks. Decreases the difficulty when lockpicking.|
|5||Decreases the difficulty when lockpicking.||At least level 8|
|6||Decreases the difficulty when lockpicking.|
|7||Milestone: You can always successfully force easy locks. Decreases the difficulty when lockpicking.|
|8||Milestone: You can always successfully force average locks. Decreases the difficulty when lockpicking.||At least level 16|
|9||Decreases the difficulty when lockpicking.|
|10||Milestone: You can always successfully force hard locks. Decreases the difficulty when lockpicking.|
Videos about Lockpicking
Lockpicking Notes and Tips
- Notes & Tips