Ciara Sydanus is a boss in Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-reckoning. Bosses are unique enemies that provide great challenges to your skills.
Ciara Sydanus also known as the Dark Empyrean, was the tyrant queen of ancient Erathell and was trapped under the Scholia Arcana in Rathir a long time ago by its founders.
She is arrogant, sadistic and narcissistic as seen when the Fateless One first encounters her and every other time she possess a mage. As mentioned earlier, she is also tyrannical and ruthless, having little to no compassion for her subjects and is more than willing enough to sacrifice any of them to serve her goals.
- As a Mage, Ciara's main form of attack will be to throw spells at you including ice bolts and a tornado spell that splits into three and homes in on the target.
- Periodically, she will mark the ground with red runes that explode upon contact dealing several hits of fire damage.
- Ciara will also summon up to 5 adds to aid her. These include Fae Gorta Sentinels and Possessed Students which can become a nuisance in larger numbers. Group these adds up and destroy them with AoE attacks.
- Ciara can be easily stunned with lightning magic. After stunning, if you launch her into the air, you can juggle her for a long combo without retaliation. Towards the end of the fight, she will begin using more powerful Fire spells. Be prepared to heal when necessary.
- Take note of the large potted plants in the area. You can use them to block most of Ciara's skills while fending off her summons.
Notes & Tips
- The book "The Dark Empyrean", tells about her past.